12 October 2010

Manatee Tail

Today I dreamed I was swimming with a manatee and that I was obsessed with the beauty of its tail.

A dream is memory. The tail of the manatee I saw in Belize in August was the most beautiful thing I saw in this trip, maybe in my life.

The manatee is also known as the sea cow, it is a mammal that can stay underwater for 15 minutes. 

Watching that animal swimming away from me into the dark ocean was a dream like vision. Slowly moving its perfectly round tail up and down. I remember its loneliness, the dark blue of the ocean, the silence, but specially, the incredible shape of its tale (similar to the tale in the picture above but even better).

3 comments:

Mexitli López said...

"A dream is memory" y viceversa :)
http://www.uv.mx/gaceta/Gaceta66/66/pie/Pie08.htm

Pedro Pontes said...

Manatee.

Telemaco said...

lololol